Knitting Quotes

"I like making a piece of string into something I can wear." ~Author Unknown

"The only place where housework comes before knitting is in the dictionary."

"Stitch your stress away." ~Author Unknown

"All my scattering moments are taken up with my needle." ~Ellen Birdseye Wheaton, 1851

"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit, either." ~Elizabeth Zimmerman


"If I stitch fast enough, does it count as aerobic exercise?" ~Author Unknown

"For people allergic to wool, one's heart can only bleed." ~Elizabeth Zimmerman

"Women like to sit down with trouble - as if it were knitting." ~Ellen Glasgow

"Everybody tells me that they would love to knit, but they don't have time. I look at people's lives and I can see opportunity and time for knitting all over the place. The time spent riding the bus each day? That's a pair of socks over a month. Waiting in line? Mittens. Watching TV? Buckets of wasted time that could be an exquisite lace shawl." ~Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, At Knit's End: Meditations for Women Who Knit Too Much


"Really, all you need to become a good knitter are wool, needles, hands, and slightly below-average intelligence. Of course, superior intelligence, such as yours and mine, is an advantage." ~Elizabeth Zimmerman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"