When the oceans change, I don't have to be afraid, because your love never fails

I feel like I have not blogged in so long, which is true.

I survived parent/teacher conferences last week. I had 23 out of 27 show up. One I am going to call next week and conference over the phone.

Knitting has been on a stand still for a few weeks now. I just picked it up again last night. I have two bootie orders to complete and then I am going to make other things for myself, dogs, house, etc.

Friday Date Night: For dinner, we ate at the Olive Garden. We went to Party City and Borders. I sat in Borders looking at the craft section. A great deal of time was spent flipping through a book. I jotted down some projects I saw that I may want to try out. 1) felted dog bones, 2) baskets made of bed sheets, 3) a baby mobile, 4) security blanket, and 5) a curtain.
I also found a Bargain Book section where I found a knitting kit for $3.99. Although, I did not need the instruction guide, yarn, or circular needles, it came with 15 patterns. I found several projects from there that I would be interested in making.

Saturday: We lounged around a bit before getting in the car to play disk golf. We live within a couple minutes of Sandy Creek Park where we play the 23 hole course. I mentioned wanting to see if there were any yard sales on Hwy 441, which I had just seen the weekend prior. Well, we kept driving to the Pendergrass Flea Market. I hate flea markets, which are entirely different from yard sales. We saw signs for Fort Yargo State Park and played 18 holes of disk golf there. We had fun being outdoors and traveling somewhere new. On the way home, Joe stopped at a thirft store and an antique store. At the thrift store, I bought bed sheets to cut up for knitting. I paid $3 for two sheets and two pillow cases.

We ate dinner at House of Italy in Winder, GA. We both order calzones. Yum! At home we watched How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days until bed.

Sunday: We are searching for a new home church. We were a part of one in Athens nearly two years and changes occured that have us looking for another one. We have visited a couple since and are unsuccessful at the moment. We went to Athens Church today with a large congregation predominately college students. The church is a mega church and a satellite church of Andy Stanley. The music was awesome and the stage presence was appealing to the ears and eyes. As I felt led to raise my hands in worship, I noticed there were no hands raised! Out of 1,000+ no one felt the urge to worship GOD by raising their hands? As I periodically looked around, I noticed a couple hands go up for a short period. I didn't care what others were doing so I raised my hand anyways. After the offering, a video came on and the sermon was preached from Andy Stanley on the screen. It was weird to watch a video sermon when I am accustommed to a real-live pastor. As were exiting the Classic Center, Joe and I both discussed the observations we found odd and interesting. For the rest of the day, we worked outside and inside.

My sister-in-law is due to have my niece any day now. Whenever we get the call, we will pack up and head to S.C. I hope it is during the next three weeks before the CRCT. We are going to Beaufort to visit our families for Easter.

I am looking for jobs within the district or a possible position changes within my school. I'm hoping to find something with fewer responsiblities and maybe even a desk job. I need something for two more years. Joe and I have also been talking about starting a family so I need something low stress and flexible. I have asked for a position change at my current job, but I do not know if I will be granted my wish. There is not much time before contracts come out. I need to update my resume'.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"