Summer Vacation Day 1

I consider Monday, May 24th, the first day of summer vacation. I had to go in for several hours to finish up my checklist before I could leave for the summer. You would not believe how much has to be done after the students are dismissed!

I had to move my classroom to another location, but couldn't move in because another teacher had to love her things. She is not returning so she literally had to clean out and pack up her years of teaching because she is teaching at UGA this summer. My stuff is just sitting in a work work room right because she still wasn't out when I checked yesterday. I have a new position which I am pumped about. I will be an Early Intervention teacher for Grade 4. I will teach 11-16 students reading and math 6 times a day. These students are below grade level and did not pass the state test. It will be like a small class size, but I will not have the responsibility of a homeroom teacher because I will get them from their regular class for small group, direct instruction.

After I finished at school, I came home and was productive. I did filing, made the bed, cleaned out my purse, composted, bathed the dogs, started baby booties, wrote bills and watched The Bachelorette.

My cousin, Lydia and I have decided to become pen pals. We are only a few years apart and we've only met once in our life and that was during our childhood. She is married with two daughters in Texas. I had a male pen pal for a few years, but he and I are so different, that I just got mad and frustrated. I quit writing him. He is suicidal, egocentric, and his beliefs contradict everything I believe. He believes you are saved by works and he is living a homosexual lifestyle, which I can tolerate, but not support. Ever known someone that always has turmoil in their life? They are always sick or know someone dying, or just their whole life is dark with evil and sadness. That was his life and every letter was like that. It was not fun receiving mail that was depressive. He only talked about himself and never asked questions or was curious about me. His life is self-centered, bragging on things he did, and I even think he is also delusional with reality because I believe some of it was made-up. He also was attracted to my husband and started addressing the letters to both of us and taking interest in him. He wrote me in December and I just never responded. We actually had a several year gap where we didn't write because of differences a few years back. I did fly to see him back in college where we had  a mutual friend. I feel freed and I extremely excited about my new friendship with my cousin, Lydia. I hope we go to our graves writing and maybe one day we can have a family vacation together. She is also a teacher, we both have our Masters, and she is a Christian. I can ask her for advice about children since she has been married 7 years now.

My parents are coming to visit on Friday- Monday. We will probably go to dinner, go canoeing, play bocce ball, play disk golf, watch a movie outside with the screen and projector, go to church, and run a 5K.

June 4-6 we are going to Chattanooga for our 1 year anniversary.

My niece, Macy:
First glimpse of light after the C-section

Looking around in the operating room
The baby blanket I knitted her


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"