Carpal Tunnel

I've had carpal tunnel a couple times in my life. Mine is caused by repetitive motions. I first got it from making ice cream for Bruster's Real Ice Cream. I carried large buckets the same way, stirred ingredients, and turned 5 gallon buckets in the same motion as the ice cream was dispersing. I read to elevate the wrists and put ice packs on the wrists to help heal. Around the same time I was moving to Athens, so lifting a lot of boxes and repetitive motions of cleaning didn't help the healing. When we moved into this house last year, it popped up again while we were cleaning and painting. That scrubbing motion of the wrist aggravated it. Now, I feel it when I knit! I was thinking, "Can that be possible?"  When I was in Hobby Lobby, I saw therapeutic gloves in the needle work section and it said it is worn for embroidery, quilting, and knitting and crocheting and any craft with the repetitive movements. I already have one of those stretchy splint gloves because my husband gave one to me, but I realized that it is not uncommon to have this condition from knitting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"