In Business

Well, I started my etsy store a few months back and have had sales from people I knew. Friends on facebook would make a request and then I would make the item and place it on etsy for the transaction. I made a dress for my niece, Macy, who is 3 months old today.

I mailed the dress to my niece knowing she wouldn't be able to wear the dress until next summer because it was quite big. I made up the pattern and just sewed it. I purchased the bandanas and ribbon at Hobby Lobby. Joe encouraged me to make more and sell them in my etsy store. I bought more supplies and made four one afternoon. My sister-in-law gave me the Macy's measurements for 3-6 months so I made a Clemson dress with 3-6 months as practice. I listed it in my etsy store and it sold within a few hours to someone I didn't know in Iowa!!


I am making another 3-6 month dress for a co-workers daughter today. She met me at Hobby Lobby yesterday to pick out what she wanted. I plan to do that one today and my niece's so she can wear it for a couple months before it gets cool. If I have a baby girl one day, maybe she can give it back to me! =)

I also had a friend from California inquire about making a wrap for her to wear to three navy balls in the fall. She sent me pictures of a couple of her favorites. We decided on the three-way wrap because it is easier and it would cost less for me to make. She wants it in an oatmeal/gold color. She is going to browse her local yarn store and mail me enough enough yarn in the correct weight and yardage and three buttons. I have until mid-October to finish. I am excited to have a project customed ordered by someone.

I am still working on my mom's sweater which is #1 priority. I am going to see her this weekend when we are camping in NC. I am at the point that she has to try it on then I can finish up the body and sleeves. I'm hoping I will speed through it at that point. I want to finish by the end of August so she will have it for the fall/winter. Also that will give me time to get started on Sarah's wrap.

I rarely if ever make something for myself. I have some Noro that I have been wanting to use for myself. I wanted something that I could wear at school like a shawl or shrug that would be unique and I could brag that I made it. I wanted to make the Sprout Shrug, but I didn't want to buy the pattern book to get the pattern. Yesterday I found a Librarian Capelet to knit. The pattern was free on Lion's Brand. I started the edge last night using Noro Furisode 04.

I also added some triangular flags to my guest bedroom/craft room.


Well, I better start my sewing for my dress business. RLWH

Comments

Unknown said…
that's awesome! congrats!! :) that dress is just absolutely precious!
Sarah P said…
I love seeing what you make! I wish I was a bit more artistic.

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"