Monday, July 5

The 4th of July is my favorite holiday. Since I have lived in Athens, GA, it hasn't been as fun. When I was living in Beaufort with my family, we would always spend the day at the beach or a pool. Then we would have a cook-out and go to a fireworks show on the water. The last two have not been as fun since celebrating here is not quite like celebrating on the coast. Actually, last year it was better. We played 23 holes of disk golf, ate lunch at a great restaurant, played bocce ball, and watched a fireworks show at a park.

This year, we decided to make sure we plan something so it IS fun! Friday night we went to an Atlanta Braves baseball game at 7:35pm. It was a good game and went into extra innings. The Braves won 4-3. I sat by an old Asian man who was there by himself. He always did the tomahawk chop and didn't say a word the whole game. Now that is the kind of spectators I like sitting beside! He did give me a high-five when they won, wrote the stats down, and left before the fireworks show.

Since we knew we would be getting home late on Friday, we decided to just sleep in and work around the house on Saturday. I made ice cream, worked in my craft room, made a dress for my niece, did some grocery shopping, watched 3 episodes of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman, and knitted a cowl. I really enjoyed the day.

Sunday, we got up at 8:00am and ate breakfast. Joe and I drove about 1.5 hours to Marietta to a water park called Six Flags White Water. We spent a lot of money, but had a good time riding the rides together. We rode eight rides, at lunch in the park, had ice cream, and people watched. We left around 4:30 to head home to let the dogs out of their kennel. We had turkey dogs, cucumbers, and chips for dinner. Then we watched 4 more episodes of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman and went to bed at midnight.


It is now Monday and Joe doesn't have to work because the 4th (federal holiday) was on Sunday so they get Monday off, just like the military, banks, and postal workers. Today is the official day starting my triathlon schedule. The first day is strength training, weight exercises. The triathlon is called Tri to Beat Cancer and it is August 29 at 7:00am at Sandy Creek Park.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"