News

Summer Break
Summer vacation is coming to an end. I found out yesterday that I have to attend two days of district training for a reading and math program that I didn't go to last year. The district is hosting it on the two furlough days (29 &30) next week. We will be given a stipend for working on furlough days. The training is all day (8am-4pm). From what I've heard from my colleagues that attended last year, it is a waste of time and could be done in less time. I will most likely be implementing the program with a group of kids because of my new position next year so I need to know how to do it. Unfortunately, my summer will be cut two days short.

Doctor Appointment
I had my yearly pelvic exam yesterday...I always dread them and glad that they are once a year and do not last long. He said everything looked good and we talked about conception. After getting off the scale, I decided to do something about it. I put on 15 pounds since being there last year (after the honeymoon). He said it wasn't a big deal, but I thought my weight last year was high. I've been wanting to get off some pounds anyways so weighing myself gave me that extra push.

Weight Watchers
After I got home and told my husband about the appointment, I told him I was going to visit a WW meeting that night. I looked up the times and 30 minutes later I was out the door to attend my first meeting. I signed up for the monthly pass, which means my membership will renew inself every month and automatic draft the funds from my bank account. I attend a meeting a week where I weigh-in and I have a certain amount of points I have to eat daily. My point value is 26 based on my age, gender, weight, height, and physical activity at my occupation. Anyways, I have a guide that allows me to look up the point value of any food and I track it in a journal and online. I also earn activity points for physical exercise. Activities have points based on the length of time and intensity of the workout. Well, I started this morning. I had a cup of coffee with 1tbsp of sugar and 1tbsp of creamer, a daily vitamin, oatmeal, and 1 cup of fresh blueberries. I used 6 points at breakfast. So I have 20 more for the rest of the day for snacks and meals. Everyone also gets 35 extra allowance points to use anytime during the week on whatever they want (special occasions, eating out, cravings). You can use them all at once, spread them out over the week, or do not use them at all. My goal is not to use them at all this week so I will have maximum weight loss. They said pregnant women cannot do Weight Watchers so I want to lose as much as I can before we get pregnant. I can rejoin right after the baby is born though. Well, I need to go get some activity points so I am going to walk dogs at Pawtropolis for right now. Maybe more later.
RLWH

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"