Women of the Bible

I have been trying to learn more about the women of the Bible. I have a devotional that dedicates a week to each women. I've been doing one a day instead. I have plenty of time over the summer and I do not spend enough time in the Word anyways.

Deborah [name means Honey Bee] was a judge, prophetess, and a political leader in her time. She heard from God and had courage that aroused the people, even men (Barak). She noticed the lack of male leadership in Israel. She called herself "the mother of Israel". Her story can be read in Judges 4-5.

Jael [name means A Wild or Mountain Goat] was in charge of tents. They were in a war and the commander was the only survivor. He (Sisera) was on the run on foot. Jael was watching from her tent. She invited him in for hiding. After she gave him milk and covered him up to sleep, she picked up a tent peg and hammer and drove it through his temple to kill him. She was decisive and courageous. You'll see how Deborah and Jael are connected. Even Deborah prophesied that a woman would win the victory over the Canaanites. You just figure it is Deborah when you read it, but it ends up being Jael!! Her story can also be read in Judges 4-5.

Today, I am reading about Delilah [name means Dainty One]. I'm excited to see what the Lord is going to teach me through her life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"