Wonderful Weekend!

Friday
Joe and I ate dinner at the Grit. I ate a "steak" sandwich and carrot cake. Joe ate his usual golden bowl and split dessert with me. We drove to the Shepherd Center in Atlanta. We planned on arriving sooner, but traffic was moving slowly through intersections. We finally arrived at 8:00ish. We found Thomas' room with no problems and put on our gowns. Thomas is in isolation because he has an infection. We talked and laughed for over an hour. We decided to slip out when a nurse arrived. Visiting hours were already over. We plan to visit again before he is released sometime in January or February. We are going to grill out steaks. I feel asleep in the car on the way home. I love Friday nights when I know I can sleep in.

Saturday
We slept in until 9:00. Joe made us eggs, grits, and bacon. My coffee is so good in the mornings! I graded some math assessments while Joe got stuff ready for painting. By this time, it has warmed up and I started painting the front of the house. The three previous days, Joe painted two of the sides. Saturday we painted the other two sides. We took a break for lunch around two for a bowl of soup. Before we knew it, it was getting dark and we were hungry for dinner. Our bodies we so sore from squatting and moving up ladders. We ate dinner at a mexican restaraunt close to our house. We gobbled up fajitas and relaxed at B & N. We found books we wanted and I sipped a decaf Pumpkin Spice Latte. We watched Whip It!, a roller derby movie.

Sunday
We woke up around 8:00. Joe made us pancakes and bacon for breakfast. We went to church at Life Church of Athens at Morton Theatre. We took 4 boxes for Operation Christmas Child. We didn't stick around after church because we knew we had work to finish up at home. We did touch-ups until dark. the finished product:


Monday
One more closer to a five day vacation. We only have two days of school this week. Joe, the dogs, and I are heading to SC to celebrate Thanksgiving with our families. I love breaks from school! Those five days are going to fly by, but I am going to enjoy every moment. After work today, I ran errands. I went to the bank, got the oil changed, and went to Wal*Mart to get some things for school. Joe is in Chattanooga tonight. I've done some Christmas shopping online today, which has been fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"