Friday, Saturday, and Sunday

Friday was a weird day at work. My schedule was very unusual. I left at 2:30 and went to the post office to mail a couple packages. Joe came home and we went out for date night. We went to Cracker Barrel for dinner and picked up a few gift wrapping necessities from Wal*Mart. We watched Netflex on our wii. We were both excited to sleep in because of the weekend.

We slept in and went to breakfast at Cracker Barrel. It was raining so we dressed VERY casual. I wore my rain boots and scarf. I ordered the Old Timer's Breakfast and Joe ordered the Country Fried Steak breakfast. At home, we wrapped presents, watched movies and documentaries, had a fire in the fireplace, and played wii. Saturday was very relaxing!

Sunday morning, Joe made french toast and sausage for breakfast. We went to church at Life Church of Athens in the Morton Theatre. We've been going there for a few months. We have yet to get involved which is a reoccuring dilemma for us. More so for me than for Joe. Because of my personality, I have no interest in socializing with people. I am perfectly content being by myself or just with Joe. I do not mind the occasional one-on-one or small group (meaning two) get-together, but very rarely. I never feel like I "need" it, but will surrender every now and then. I feel like Joe wants to meet couples and hang out with friends. I have no problem if he wanted to and i would be happy if he did go out every now and then without me. However, he won't go alone and he doesn't have friends right now. He said he's forgotten how to socialize. Anyways, people at church are always asking us to come to their small groups. I told Joe to go without me and I always joke about him marrying someone else that would want to go with him to events. I am a lot like my grandmother and dad. I do have a little social anxiety, but yet I am content. Some people may get depressed from the lack of friendships, but not me. I'm an ISTJ and from reading my profile, I know there is nothing wrong with me and 10% of Americans also have the same personality. I just do not know if I should go outside of my comfort zone to be more socially acceptable or accept that is just the way I am and not feel guilty about it.

I have a few other thoughts I'd like to blog about, but cannot on here since this is a public blog. Honestly, I have things I would like to write about that I have nobody I can talk to about it. It is private stuff that I wouldn't even talk to my husband or best friend about. That is why I need a place to write it. I've had thoughts sitting around for months that need a place to go and they would take days to get them out.

Joe and I are leaving for Beaufort in the morning to celebrate Christmas with our families for a week. We will return on Monday the 27th. I will then have one more week at home before returning to my teaching job. My teaching job is another emotional pothole. Some days I enjoy it more than others, but no matter the position I have, I still do not LOVE it! I know my heart is somewhere else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"