And there is a reason why I am not quite myself...

I'm pregnant! The last few days, I have been experiencing pregnancy symptoms- frequent urination, headaches, moodiness, cramping, sensitive breasts, and fatigue. I've had my period since I was 11 so I know what PMS feels like. This was different. When Joe was at the grocery store yesterday, I asked him to pick up a home pregnancy test so we could confirm. We decided I would take it in the morning since first urine is the best. Well, I woke up at 4:00am and couldn't get back to sleep. I laid in bed knowing I had to be pregnant or I wouldn't know how else to explain what I was feeling. At 5:00ish I woke Joe up and told him I couldn't sleep anymore. He allowed me (smile) to go take it. I took the stopwatch and he waited in bed for me to return with the news. When I crawled back in bed, I said, "I see a positive sign." He jerked his head up quickly and said, Well, that will wake you up!" We talked about names, which we have been making a list for a while now. Then we talked about who we would tell and how we would tell them.

I got up at 6:00 and feed the dogs, knitted my sweater, and watched the winter storm reports on the news while Joe kept sleeping. He made us a pancake/sausage breakfast. We made a few phone calls. I called my mom, dad, brother, and Courtney. I texted a friend Liz who lives in Athens that knew we were trying. I know the first trimester is an important one and we haven't had a blood test yet so we haven't told everyone. Neither of us is using facebook right now so we can't spread the word quite yet.

In the midst of all this, we had 5 inches of snow overnight so school has been cancelled Monday and Tuesday. We are stuck at home. Luckily Joe went grocery shopping before the snow arrived, but we didn't plan for cravings that I would already have. When I woke up from an afternoon nap, I needed a decaf soda and for dinner I wanted a spicy chicken sandwich from Chic-fil-a or pizza from Dominos. We didn't have any of that in the house and we couldn't get to it!

Our bottle tree

Our cottage

An evergreen and our bird bath

Snow sliding off the roof

The backyard and wood shed

The day I found out I am going to be a mommy

The dogs playing

Joe's first snowman

Today we walked around the yard, throwing snow balls for the dogs, built a snowman, and walked mail to the box. Tonight is The Bachelor and I hope abc shows it because a lot of other programs have been cancelled due to weather reports and updates. Well, I guess I will be knitting Buga Baby Bunting sooner than I thought!
R

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"