January 2

When I was home for Christmas, my great aunt brought my great grandmother's craft book down from North Carolina to look through. My great grandmother died from a heart attack when I was 15 years old. I found her on the kitchen floor dead while she was visiting us in SC. My great grandmother was a crocheter and knitter. She often made Christmas ornaments, which hung on our family tree. My great aunt asked if I was interested in her books since I am the only one in the family that inherited the hobby. The three books I chose are dated, but I love that they are family heirlooms and I was offered privately and specifically to make a selection. I plan to use a few stitches from her book on an afghan I plan to make this year.  

My husband stuffed my stocking with a couple of knitting magazines, which I absolutely love! During my spare time I browsed them as often as I could. I haven't had a chance to mark pages or share interesting finds.
My dog, Fisher, will be 3 years old (21 dog years) on Tuesday. I made a reservation for he and I to play at the dog park at 5:00pm for ole' times sake. When I lived in my apartment alone, I used to take him frequently because he was a puppy with a lot of energy and he had to stay on leash at the apartment complex. Joe will probably be working late so I thought he would appreciate the one-on-one time since he has a sister (Journey) now.  

I ordered a pattern from Spud & Chloe called Buga Baby Bunting. It was advertised in one of my magazines. I do not have a baby yet, but I hope to by the end of the year. The pattern is for 0-3 months. There is a co-worker of mine having twins in April and I thought about making her two. I made her first child baby booties.

Monday is my last day of winter break! Savoring every moment is imperative to me. I plan to make the most of the two-three hours I still have tonight and all day tomorrow. I'm planning on going to Main Street Yarns & Fibers to knit for a while. Maybe go to the gym before that. That evening is the premiere of The Bachelor. I will shower, shave, make tea, light candles, and push school as far out of my mind for two hours while I watch the show. Thankfully, only teachers show up for professional development on Tuesday. Sometimes those full days of meetings are more draining than a day with the kids! Once I get back in the routine of teaching classes, it won't be as bad as it is in my mind.

Can you tell I am being abstinent from facebook? I sure am blogging a lot!
R

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"