Not Quite Myself

I haven't been quite myself the last few days. I'm pretty sure it is hormonal. I've preferred being alone doing quiet things, like reading a novel, reading blogs, writing letters, sleeping, watching T.V. alone, and taking lavender baths. I was snapping at my husband so I told him not to talk to me. I've been short-tempered with the dogs too. Ironically, the students didn't get the best of me this week. It has been a long time since I have felt moody like this. The fact that I am PMSing at all is a good thing because I do not think I had been ovulating the last few months. I haven't had the symptoms associated with it anyways. I know I did in December because I have all the symptoms in the book! I guess that is good for a couple trying to conceive. We will know in a few days if we were successful this month.

I went to bed at 8:30 on Friday night after reading for 2 hours in bed. I also took a lavender bath so I drifted off within a minute. I slept for 11 hours (woke at 7:30) and laid in bed awake for another hour. For breakfast, I made myself a hearty ham, egg, and cheese bagel with cheese grits and decaf coffee. My husband went to a men's Bible study before I even woke up.

Clarke County is anticipating snow for Monday and Tuesday. When I signed out at work yesterday, the office manager said, "See you Wednesday!" At first I thought maybe she was taking some days off, but then figured she was referring to snow days. I will continue to check the weather regularly in hopes that I will have two extra days in my weekend. I submitted report cards for my 11 math students before I left school on Friday. It felt good to get that done before the weekend.

I have no idea what I am going to do today. I know I have a Project Runway DVD being delivered today in the mail. I feel like knitting, maybe starting my cardigan. I have decided to use the same pattern from my mom's sweater. Mine will be bigger, with short sleeves and cropped above the waist. I want a sweater I can wear over long-sleeves, with a tank top in the spring, and pregnant. I am also working on a dish clothe for a co-worker, which can be whipped up in a day, as well as the loom knitted rug and I need to do my two swatches for this month for my afghan. I also plan to finish reading the Debbie Macomber novel I have been reading.

My Young Yarners club met for their 4th meeting this past week. We are still working on mastering the single crochet stitch. They are an awesome group of girls. I enjoy their company. My biggest challenge as an instructor is not expecting perfection from these young beginners. We are planning a fundraiser for the 19th by offering a class to the teachers to raise money for our club. I hope we have at least 5 teachers sign-up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"