Not Too Impressed

Joe and I went to our service intro appointment at the hospital. I was really hoping the midwifery services would be different from a hospital, but it really wasn't. Bad news: No birthing tubs either! We asked a few questions and let the midwife tell us everything she thought we needed to know. She gave us her card if we thought of any other questions. She did tell us of a hospital in Toccoa that does water births. Sure enough, when I got home I researched "water births Toccoa" and found a Women's Wellness Center with midwives that does water births at the hospital. Joe went to college in Toccoa for a year and we spent our early dating in those parts. I like that it is a small town. I called them today asked a few questions about insurance, water births, and appointments. The receptionist was very friendly. Joe and I talked at dinner about Toccoa being 1 hour away, but I really feel good about this place. I am going to call back tomorrow and see if we can get in as soon as possible. We are going to try to get the consult visit and prenatal visit scheduled on the same day so we do not have to travel there two days this month. Plus, I will be 6 weeks on Friday so I want to get the tests done to make sure baby and I are healthy.

I went back to work today (snow finally melted). Right now, I can barely sit up. My body is so tired and throbbing from standing up at school. The Biggest Loser comes on at 8:00 and I hope I can make it! We had salad and ravioli for dinner. I've eaten pretty healthy this last week. Occasionally, I'll eat cookies or ice cream, but I've made sure I've eaten vegetables and fruits, my prenatal vitamins, meats, grains, and dairy. I felt like I exercised today although I didn't. I wonder if being a teacher counts as exercise...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"