Spring Triathlon?

My best friend from Columbia visited my husband and myself in December. We did our first triathlon together in 2007 in St. Petersburg, FL. I've done another one since, but she hasn't and wants to train for another one. Her life is pretty full in opinion with 4 children and separated from her husband at the moment. When she said we should do the Parris Island triathlon in March, I didn't take her seriously. I thought she'd forget. Well, she called yesterday to tell me she has a treadmill and stationary bike set-up in her bedroom and she has a training schedule. I guess she is serious! We currently have a monthly membership to the YMCA that has a pool with lanes so I have everything I need. Now I have to decide if I want to do it. Joe and I are trying to conceive, whereas I know I can be active during the process. The worst that could happen would be getting fit in the midst of the training and then not be able to participate in the triathlon because I am pregnant.

My husband making a traditional New Year's dinner for the two of us.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"