To a Year of Discipline, Creative Thinking, and a Passionate Fire

For New Years Eve, Joe and I had dinner reservations at Farm 255 for 5:45. They were serving a 4 course meal for $40 a person (they added dessert to the bottom of the menu and charged $8 more). By the time we arrived, there were only a couple dinner parties there. One of my favorite parts about eating there is the pitcher of water that they place on your table so you can serve yourself. I also feel adventurous eating foods from a menu that I cannot even pronounce. The room had deem lighting and tea lights on each table. We each made a toast at the beginning of the meal. Joe said each dish was better and better than the one before and he was ranting and raving about the first one (a salad). It took us about 1.5 hours to eat all of our portions.

After dinner, Joe had to purchase a ham for our New Year's dinner.We tried playing a game we received for Christmas called In a Pickle, but it didn't go well. Joe was tired and the game causes you to debate, which with two people, it was more like arguing. We ended up turning in early (11:00) and didn't make it to midnight. As I was lying in bed, I heard an abundance of gunshots and fireworks, which notified me that it was 2011.

Joe and I have decided to take a sabbatical from facebook for 36 days. We are devoting the first 10% of our year to God. We are trying to establish discipline early on in hopes that it will carry us through the whole year. We started out with devotions and a 2 mile walk. We had french toast and sausage for breakfast. The rest of the day was devoted to putting away Christmas decorations and cleaning out. Joe organized his office space and compiled a box of books too donate to the public library book sale. I added a few from my collection as well.

Several times throughout the day I thought about status updates that I needed to do, but quickly remembered I would just have to journal (blog) about the events of my day instead. I assume I will reflect a lot this month so I will be blogging more.

I received a loom knit kit for Christmas from my sister-in-law. I 've been wanting to learn and I even had it on my goals for 2011. It took me about 3 minutes to figure it out last night. Simple! I even showed Joe so we are making a rug. I tied together remnants from my stash and put him to work. He said. "Maybe I found my hobby!"

It has rained most of the day, even during our 2 mile walk this morning. I am hoping to introduce Joe to a few hours of Anne of Green Gables tonight after dinner. At this present time, Joe is cooking our New Year's dinner, ham, rice, black eyed peas, spicy collared greens, and cornbread. He is probably wearing the apron I gave him for Christmas. I better go check!
R

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"