Names

Joe and I picked out a name before we even found out we were pregnant-Grey. We were going to use it for a girl or a boy. I've known both a boy and a girl named that. As the name discussion came up again, we both decided we'd  rather keep looking. We both had hestitations so we went back to the drawing board. His dilemma was that he had never heard a person named Grey before. I didn't like the way Grey Hayes sounded. It is not easy to say together. We can throw a middle name in there to buffer the two, but most of their life, they would go by Grey Hayes.

I wanted to choose two middle names. My brother had 4 names-Charles Edward DeVore Wersler. He only liked one of them so he wouldn't tell people the other one. Now I have two middle names. I wanted to keep all my names when I got married so my Social Security card sayes Rebekah Lee Wersler Hayes. I'm finding how hard it is to fill in applications or order things online because the boxes only allow for one middle intial usually. Then I have to decide, "Am I going to put a L or W in the box?" So we have decided to go with one middle name, which Joe preferred from the beginning.

I like untraditional names. I like nouns, something else that has the same name. We have started a brainstorm list for boys and girls. I must say the boy names are easier to come up with. Weird, because I think we are having a girl. We found a list of nature names and we have chosen a few from that list. We will share the name once it is finalized and once we know what we are having. Of course, we look up to see what all the names mean because there IS something in a name. After working with the students that I teach, you have to wonder what the parents were thinking. We will find out at the 20 week appt. at the beginning of May what the gender of the baby is. We will also have a 3D ultrasound that so we will have a more detailed picture of what the baby looks like!

The nursery furniture has been ordered, thanks to Mom and Dad! It will arrive this week to the house. It will sit in boxes until we are ready to decorate.

The nausea and headaches come and go. I am starting to feel more excited about the pregnancy and my changing body.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"