Long Weekend

Joe came home from work at a decent time on Friday afternoon so I asked if he would go with me to the pool. Joe has pale skin and burned a lot as a kid so swimming in the sun takes persuasion. Being in and near water was how I was raised so I have a hard time understanding his lack of interest. It took some spontaneity, but he willingly accompanied me. We swam in the indoor pool first using the kick boards and doggie paddling up and down the lanes. Then we went outside so the sun could dry us off. It had rained the night before so I didn't even attempt getting in the outdoor pool. When we were both hot again, we decided to leave to get ready for dinner.

Date Night:
We went to TransMet for dinner. We've only been three times in 4 years. We ordered a garlic and olive appetizer. Joe ordered a medium pizza and I ordered a pasta bowl. My pasta wasn't anything special, but I did bring the leftovers home since we paid for it.

Next, we walked around Academy. We walked up and down just about every aisle, except the fishing and hunting sections. We didn't buy a thing, but it was fun looking at everything.

On the way home, we went to Kroger to pick up some grocery items-eggs, turkey bacon , and orange juice. I recognized a girl from a blog I follow. I searched blogs over a year ago and came across hers. She was expecting a baby and lived in Florida. She posted sermon notes and scriptures on Sundays and regular belly pictures, decisions they had to make as far as products and decorations, and challenges of being pregnant and going to college. She had her baby boy and moved to Georgia. I do not recall her blogging about the specific city they were moving, but her blogs did become sparse since the move and being a mom. However, she posted about 5 blogs yesterday and I read them and then I saw her in Kroger! Joe was in shock when I told him who the family was. He wanted to know how I started reading the blog. He tried to encourage me to introduce myself, but I didn't see her again after the first time. Plus, I am shy. We saw her husband at the customer service desk and Joe said "hey, how ya doin'?" to him as he walked by. Anyways, she lives in Athens now! What a small world!

Once at home, I didn't feel good so I went to bed a little after 9:00.

Comments

Nadine said…
Oh my goodness! I just read your comment! That is too funny! Wow, what a small world! Yes, that was us at Kroger! :)
We had been going to Hebron Christian Church until a couple of weeks ago. My husband started working part time at Kroger overnight and Saturday nights are his long/busy night so he's usually exhausted by the time he gets home so we're doing church online through our old church in FL until we find one with a Saturday service. Where do you guys go?
Congrats on your little boy!!! Oh you're going to have so much fun!!! :) If you ever want to chat, you can email me. (diariesofaworkingmom@hotmail.com)

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"