Sunday

We slept in later than we were planning, but still made it to church at 10:00am. We went to Church of the Nations today. The sermon was about the Holy Spirit, which is funny because the church we were attending was also doing a series on the Holy Spirit as well. One church was Southern Baptist and the other was Assemblies of God. Needless to say, the interpretation was different...I grew up A/G and attended an A/G Bible college in Florida. Joe and I attended an A/G church here in Athens for over a year and a half. It's in my blood and it is where I feel comfortable. The congregation and music was lively. I'm used to an altar call (a call to action) at the end of the message. Our pastors used to say, "If you can't stand up in here, what makes you think you are going to be able to stand up in the world?" The congregation was multi-cultural (Hispanic, Asian, mixed families, Caucasian, African-American). The service ended about noon, which included communion and prayer for the filling of the Holy Spirit.

We ate lunch at Inoko on the Eastside. We drove home and cleaned up the kitchen before getting ready for the gym. We worked out on the elliptical for 30 minutes before going to the pool. The water had a little coolness, but felt good after working out. We stayed in the pool most of the time talking and observing people. The lounge chairs were all taken so we couldn't get out anyways. We eventually snagged a couple and laid out long enough to get hot again. We cooled off again and when we realized it was 4:30, we decided to leave.

Joe made a meat loaf with ground turkey, mashed potatoes, butter beans, and glazed carrots. It was delicious! We fertilized and watered our outdoor plants on the porch since the temperatures were cooling off.
Organic tomato plant from the farmer's market
Our 3.5 old dog, Fisher, has seemed sad the last couple days. Maybe he is growing up and just content on his bed, but it is out of character for him. He rarely wants to go outside (maybe because it is hot) and he doesn't seem to have as much energy. We were thinking he is bored with me being home all day and I hadn't been playing with them really. Yesterday, we took them to the dog park for an hour to get them out of the house. When we left for the pool today, Joe swore he saw tears in Fisher's eyes because we were leaving again. Tonight we took them on an hour drive around Athens for some fresh air. Joe and I are trying to pet him and talk to him as much as possible now hoping to get him out of this funk. He has his yearly shots on Wednesday so I may ask the vet about his behavior.

I picked up my knitting needles again this week. I am making Lincoln some leg warmers for the cold months. I'll probably wait to seam them up until I see what the circumference of his legs are to guarantee they will fit. I casted on 38 stitches with a wool and I am using size 3 needles.
Lincoln's leg warmers
Joe and I went out to eat last night to our favorite Mexican restaurant. Afterwards I suggested driving to Funopolis for putt-putt. We played one game for $12. There are 19 holes and the course is pretty fun! We kept score and Joe won by 11 points (60-49). We ate Dippin' Dots and then bowled a game. It was fun visiting a place we have never been.
Putt-putt at Funopolis
I forgot to share pictures of a couple bags that I purchased from Thirty-One. A consultant came by our school so I bought stuff for Lincoln.
A thermal bag for food and milk

A toddler back pack for overnight stays at Grandma's

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"