On Memorial Day, Joe and I didn't have any plans. Right before lunch we decided to go on a road trip. Literally, we didn't know where our destination would be right away. We were thinking about going to a state park, Decatur, and ended up visiting a small town of Greensboro, GA. The population is a little over 3,000 people. Joe said that Lake Oconee was there so we were going to see it while we were there. We went in a 2-story antique store and stayed for about an hour. The only thing we walked out with was this tea strainer marked at $9.95, but we paid $6 something. Then we walked down to a veggie and fruit stand. We bought strawberry preserves, peach syrup, ice cream, and something to drink. It was HOT! We drove by the lake and headed back to Athens because Joe had to pick up something for dinner and we bought two new dog beds at Academy. For dinner we had homemade potato salad, pork chops, and asparagus.
Regarding my body, I've noticed the body acne clearing up because of the salt water at the pool and the sun. I feel more confident wearing tank tops and my swimsuit now. My nipples release a clear, sticky liquid mostly when I sleep. I've read about it so I know it is normal. I noticed that my uterus has lifted because my belly button is higher up now. I don't think I will have an outie because my belly button is so deep. My belly itches occasionally (mostly around my belly button) from the stretched skin. Other than the occasional vomiting and peeing in my pants, life is good!

We started reading our HypnoBirthing book last night in bed. We have several chapters to read before our class Monday night.We each had a copy of the book and we took turns reading. It was enjoyable and nice bonding time with my husband. It took us one-hour before bed time. We have more reading to do tonight!

I felt like a housewife today. I went grocery shopping first thing this morning. I have put it off the last two days because I waited too late in the day and I was too hot and tired. I didn't buy a lot since we are going away this weekend for our anniversary. Mostly just purchased necessities and a few meats and frozen vegetables so we do not have to worry about them going bad. If Joe isn't home for dinner, I don't cook for myself. I eat something simple. After I put the groceries away, I washed a few loads of clothes and the dishes, made a pot of decaf green tea (with my new tea strainer), put dinner in the Crock Pot, and swept the living room, and dining room.

I made a mess last night. Ever since I have been pregnant, my gag reflex has been horrible. A simple cough makes me gag and a few seconds later, I'm vomiting. Well, I was in bed while Joe was brushing his teeth. I coughed (and gagged) and Joe said, "Uh, oh!" He even knows what it means. I was trying to fight it because sometimes it goes away. I had a dilemma, should I try to squeeze in the bathroom with him, use my trashcan or make it to the hall bathroom? I opted for the hall bathroom because I didn't think I could fit in the door with Joe at the sink. Well, I didn't make it! Worst mess yet and it wasn't even due to morning sickness. So bad that Joe pulled his socks off and just watched (for a little while). He didn't really want to get involved. I had to clean the hallway, the sink, the vanity, inside the vanity, the toilet, the rug, my pajamas, and me! We thought we were ready for bed when I had to jump in the shower to clean up.

Well, I think I am going to try to get 30-minutes of cardio in at the gym (and maybe a swim) before Joe comes home from work. I made something new, an ingredient (orzo) neither of us has had before. We also have sweet tea, which is a treat, since we always drink water at our meals.

Until next time,




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"