Week 28

I haven't blogged in a while so I thought I would give an update.

Body: Stomach doesn't seem like it is getting bigger, but I'm sure it is and I just don't notice it. Breasts are still about the same size. Still leaking colostrum at night when I sleep, which is the nutrients from the breasts that the newborn drinks the first couple days after it is born. Nipples are sensitive. Body acne comes and goes and occasionally I remember to wear cocoa butter on my chest and belly for stretch marks. Fingernails and hair grows nice and strong these days. I've had one hemmorhoid and thankfully, it went away quickly. I no longer can bend at my waist so I must squat at my knees. Driving is uncomfortable because my pants' waistband and the seat belt push on my bladder. I sometimes find it hard to breath when I wear a bra or lay on my back. You can visuably see Linclon thump around in my stomach. He is most active in the evenings and when I lay on my side. Sleeping is still comfortable. I've found positions that work well. I occasionally get acid reflux if I do not eat frequently or if I eat certain foods. I'm hungry a lot!

News: Joe is currently putting in laminent flooring in the nursery. He'll finish this week. We are expecting the nursery furniture as well. We ordered the wrong finish the first time we ordered so it had to be returned. I'm looking forward to washing all the clothes we borrowed and bought and putting them in his dresser by size. I can't wait until we get his cloth diapers so I can put them in baskets under the changing table. My mom ordered the bedding so I know we have that too. My auntie is looking through her quilts for one to hang on the wall in Lincoln's room with a quilt hanger. Everything is coming together. I hope to be finished with the nursery before I return to school (July 28).

We go to the doctor every two weeks now started July 7. I'll be 29 weeks then and it will be a routine appt. We had our 4D ultrasound last week where we got to see sweet Lincoln's face and body. He has my wide nose and Joe's eyes and cheeks. He weighed 2 lbs. and 8 oz. He was still bald, had a round head and belly. He changed positions a lot so he still has room to move around.

I scored a 135 (which was 1 point over the cut-off) on the 1-hour glucose test so I had to go back yesterday for a 3-hour screening. My appt was was 8:00, but I didn't finish the 100 gram sugar drink until 8:45 and that is when the time starts. So every hour, I had blood drawn to test my sugar level. I received a call today that I passed the test so I do not have gestational diabetes!

We finished our 4th hypnobirthing class last night so we have one more to go (July 11). Joe is doing well with his script reading and making me able to relax. We did a fear release session last night so remove the horrible birthing stories (even our own) and comments from our minds and replace them with images of positive thoughts of Lincoln's. I was given a picture of the Optimal Birthing Position that Lincoln needs to be in to post around the house so I put one by the toilet, on the front door, and on the fridge. I plan to post my affirmations in visible locations around the house as well so I will be reminded of those. Basically, I have to practice breathing techniques, listen to my relaxation CD's, and Joe and I have assignments we need to practice together (massages, scripts).

We are looking for a doula so I sent out an email to the doulas listed at Full Bloom. I'm hoping we will find one that meshes well with our personalities as well as one that is experienced in assisting with hypnobirths. We also need to find a pediatrician soon so the search has begun for that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"