Water births

When I was in college at Southeastern College of the Assemblies of God, I had to take a speech class. It was a freshman course that everyone had to take, but I purposely put it off because of the obvious- fear of public speaking. There was a lab (where you did your speeches) and a class where you studied public speaking. The class had about 30-50 people, but the lab had about 15-20 people. Well, we had to give about four speeches during that semester. The first was an introduction speech about ourselves. My demonstrative speech was on how to cut hair. I brought my mannequin head in to demonstrate. My persuasive speech was about being an organ donor. My informative speech was about water births. I did Internet searches and used a magazine article for research. This was in 1999. Ever since then, water births have appealed to me. So when Joe and I thought about birthing options, water birth was at the top of our list. Thankfully, we found a hospital that allows water births and requires a $200 tub rental. This hospital does about 12 water births a year because of the demographics of Toccoa. Poverty and ignorance are prominent in Toccoa so people cannot afford the tub rental or just aren't educated on birth options. Week 36 is when we have to pay the fee so the liners and hoses are available when we need them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"