Prenatal Yoga

I attended my 5th yoga class last night in the course of a few months. I have one more session that I have paid for and I hope to get it in before our birthing day! There are three of us that are 36-weeks and one girl is named Rebecca who is having her first child- a boy!  Anyways, the class is growing! It went from 8 members to 12. New people start showing up and others drop out as they reach full-term. One girl was 6-weeks pregnant last night. A new lady showed up who was 42 years-old and had rather a negative spirit. She is probably traditional-minded when it comes to birth. She probably has a physician/OB instead of a midwife. We always start the meetings with a 15-minute introduction telling your name, how far along you are, your care provider, if you have a doula, what number child and what you are having. The new member who is 42, asked me if I had a Plan B since I am driving to Toccoa. She said she woke up 4 cm. I was thinking, "And..." I told her we were laboring at home for a while and the doula would help us decide when we needed to head to the hospital. My midwife told me on Monday that I could be 6-7cm when I arrive at the hospital. Some people think that there is an urgency. Like the movies portray, your membranes release or you have a uterine surge and you have to rush to hospital. Babies don't just fall out!

We booked a newborn session with Bianca Hubble of Axsys Photography of Toccoa. It is difficult to book a session when you do not know when your baby will be born, but thankfully the appt. can be changed. I booked the appt. on my birthday with wishful thinking that Lincoln will arrive a little early or on time. If he decides to wait, I'll have to reschedule.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"