2-hour breaks (if that)

Sometimes I have 2-hour breaks in-between feedings. I think about things I need or want to do and plan out if I can fit them in during one of those breaks. Often it is hard to enjoy those breaks because I am anticipating Lincoln awaking prematurely when I hear grunts and moans coming from the nursery. Everyone says, "Sleep while the baby is sleeping." If I slept all day and didn't do anything else, I would feel depressed and ask myself, "What did I do today?" Plus, there are bills to pay, diapers to rinse out, pump parts to wash, letters and lesson plans to write, baby book updates, insurance policy business, quality time with my husband/dogs, personal hygiene, and basic needs like eating/drinking.

All last week when my husband would try to prepare dinner so that it would be ready as Lincoln was going asleep, it didn't always work out like that. He ended up having to let it sit on low or we had to reheat our meal. As we are sitting down to eat, Lincoln would wake up and start crying. Joe would rush to eat his food so he could get him from the nursery so I could finish my meal. Joe said, "I eat my dinner like I'm in prison." It was funny, but so true the way he scarfs it down.

Each day we are learning new things like why does newborns loose their hair or what does his grunting mean. We are constantly looking up things on the Internet. We laugh to keep from crying and pray a whole lot! I couldn't imagine being a single mom going through this alone. My husband and I take turns comforting Lincoln when he is fighting sleep or I'll pump a bottle so he can help with feedings. He'll get up with me to change diapers and swaddle him or just sit in the room with me while I nurse. He reads him a story and devotion at night and usually does the bath.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"