Breastfeeding Must-haves

 My Brest Friend pillow
I had heard the Boppy was worthless for breastfeeding because it doesn't offer support. I registered for this pillow, but didn't receive it. So Joe and I bought it from Babies R' Us. It is sold at Target and Buy Buy Baby too, but it was the cheapest at Babies R' Us. It is very durable and it even has two raised pillows on both sides for babies head. I take it with me when we travel. It ranges in price from $41-$52 depending on where you buy it from. I wish I would have taken it with me to the hospital so I wwouldn't have had to use pillows. Good thing Lincoln was under 7 pounds then.

Medela Freestyle pump

This pump is a "hands free model" so you can double pump and walk around the house or work on your laptop. There are straps that attach to your bra so you don't lose suction. We bought it from Buy Buy Baby for a little over $300 because we had a Grand opening coupon. It is regularly $379. It is easy to put together and easy to clean. I throw the pieces in the bag when we are on the road in case I want to pump. I use it to express milk when I am engorged or if I want Joe or my Mom to feed Lincoln for me so I can sleep longer. I know pumping at work will be successful because I have such a great pump.

Earth Mama Nipple Butter

The hospital gives you this awful Lanolin stuff that is thick and sticky. I wish I would have had this butter when I had cracked and bleeding nipples in the hospital. The day we left the hospital. my milk came in and I was struggling with latch still. I went to Full Bloom for breastfeeding support. One of the co-owners, Pat, told me about Earth Mama nipple butter. They sell it in their store so I bought it. It costs $15. I love it! It is soothing and moisturizing. It healed my nipples right up! I was given two more containers as gifts so I am set for a long time!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"