Georgia Academy of Early Learning

Well, Lincoln is registered for school! He will be in the infant class when he is 8-weeks old at Georgia Academy of Early Learning. His first day in Tuesday, November 8. Joe and I toured this place over the summer while we were pregnant. There are 12 in his class, I think. I can't remember how old the class goes up to. We loved the security, the clean, new facility, and just the overall safe environment we observed. It cost $185 a week, which is about $740 a month. It was the most expensive place we saw and it makes it easier dropping him off knowing he is in a safe place. We know the tuition is a lot, but Lincoln deserves the best and he is worth it! Joe and I both went to private schools our whole lives and we know our parents paid tuition and sacrificed a lot for our education. We are willing to do the same for Lincoln!


I have a good teaching job so staying home was not an option, nor really a desire. Going back to work and dropping my little off to be watched by someone else isn't going to be easy, but the path of a stay-at-home mom ever what I wanted to be. As much as I love being a homebody, I would go crazy. Staying home for summer vacation is already tough. I get depressed and bored! I have a sense of accomplishment going to work and doing what I am good at--teaching. I need the socialization of my colleagues. It keeps me sane and I need the drama created by my work environment. Of course, there is stress involved too. I think I will appreciate coming home to my family more and value the family time. Thankfully, I get out of school at 3:15 so I will get to pick Lincoln up from school sooner than a lot of other parents. I am aware that he does have to be dropped off sooner though. I'll keep him home from school during my 2-week Christmas vacation and my spring break; although tuition will still have to be paid. He will withdraw on May 18 when I get out of school for the SUMMER!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"