Carpal Tunnel

Carpal Tunnel has haunted me in the past. Anytime I do repetitious things my hands go numb. It bothers me the most when I sleep. I get it in both wrists. There is a brace I wear to prevent movement and it pushes on my wrists to take off pressure.

In 2007, when I was an ice cream maker for Bruster's Ice Cream and Yogurt, I lifted 5 gallon buckets and spun them the same way everyday. I had to elevate my wrists and ice them while I slept. When Joe and I moved into our house, I got carpal tunnel from...CLEANING. When I started knitting regularly a couple years ago, my wrists acted up. Since I haven't knitted since January, it started bothering me again this week. Also, I figure the way I hold Lincoln the same way and burp him everyday probably is considered a repetitious motion as well.  Some people get carpal tunnel from using a computer mouse. I hope it doesn't last long.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"