Going Back To Work

So I knew I didn't want to be a stay-at-home mom. I know why some woman choose to though. I return to work on Tuesday, November 8th (Election Day). I sort of like my job. If I loved my job, then it wouldn't be as hard going back to work. I deal with students who come from poverty and have little social skills and face a multitude of learning disabilities that make teaching difficult.  I dread certain periods of the day because I know certain individuals will be in my class and I would prefer not teaching them. I have to remind myself often that if I can teach here, I can teach anywhere. I also remind myself that I only have to complete this school year. Simple. They make my life unpleasant.

On top of that, I have a beautiful little boy that I birthed and fell in love with him the moment I laid eyes on him. I carried him in my womb for 9 months and I breast feed him 8 times a day. He is my 7-week-old son that I have spent a whole lot of time with since September 13th. The truth is my son is more important than any of those kids at school, especially those that don't want to be there. Like I said, it would be different if I were teaching children that cared about their education and wanted to be at school. I'll be spending a lot time with children other than my own and frankly it is heartbreaking! 

So Monday, I am going by the Georgia Academy of Early Learning to meet his caregivers.Of course, I want to make sure Lincoln's schedule is continued and they know as much about my little guy as they possibly can. They will be spending 8+ hours with him and learning more and more each day. He is starting to show more personality by smiling when he recognizes our faces and laughing when we talk to him. He grips his colorful rings during tummy time and our fingers when we lay beside him. I've heard the longer you stay home with them, the harder it is to go back to work.

We have been gathering up his things for "school":
  • premade bottles with name and date
  • cloth diapers/covers
  • wipes
  • rash ointment
  • pacifiers
  • 2 changes of clothes
  • wet bag for soiled diapers
  • a swaddle blanket for naps
  • a family photograph for his crib

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"