Working Mom

I can for the first time call myself a "working mom".  I took Lincoln to school on the first day. I cried a little the night before questioning if we'd chosen the right childcare facilty. I wondered if his needs would be met. I couldn't fathom being away from him for so long.

It was tough dropping him off. I teared up on my way back to the car. Once I got to school, it was so busy and full of "welcome backs" that I didn't have a whole lot of time to think about the reality of the situation. I did call at 10:00am to check on him and then at the end of the day after school. I couldn't get to the school fast enough to pick him up. He smiled when he saw me which melted my heart.

He is cared for by four women, Ms. KoKo, Ms. Bear, Ms. Tina, and Ms. Shannon. All black women. Two are regulars and two are floaters. Joe and I have visited with all of them when we drop him off or pick him up. I feel like we already have a relationship with them. I just finished making them a Thanksgiving card; thanking them for taking care of our son and Joe is baking them apple caramel cookies. =)

He has been going for two weeks now and it is still hard saying good-bye and I still can't get there fast enough to see his beautiful, round, smiling face.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"