Wool Soakers

I put wool soakers on my cloth diapering registry, but we didn't receive it. They cost $28-$45 at the two cloth diapering stores here in Athens. The purpose of a wool soaker is to worn at night over the cloth diaper and it absorbs the urine to avoid changing a diaper in the middle of the night or prevent leakage.

 Since I didn't want to pay even $28 for a wool soaker, I decided to look up patterns online. I searched "sweater wool soaker pattern". The first one I tried was located here. The first one I made was too small so I had to go up a size. The pattern I used was a triangle cut out of paper with 16" sides. It fit him perfectly and I like the way it turned out.




I found this one on a blog. I cut out the appropriate pieces for Lincoln's size based on his measurements. I made him the medium. Joe went to a few thrift stores while I was working to look for sweaters. He bought three and I ended up keeping one sweater for myself to wear. This is how the second  one turned out:


I already have plans on making more. As a matter of fact, I am making one tomorrow for a girl that is five days younger than Lincoln.


Comments

Unknown said…
these are precious! great job! i especially like the second one - too cute!

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"