Beginning of Summer

My summer vacation officially started after I walked out of school on May 18 @ 2:00. My post-planning duties were complete and my husband, baby, and dogs were waiting in the parking lot so we could begin our first trip of the summer to Beaufort, SC. Four hours later we arrive at my parent's house. My sister-in-law and niece brought over a fried chicken meal (sides) from Maryland Fried Chicken for dinner. It was good! My mom helped with holding Lincoln until he fell asleep, which was a nice break because I do it every night. Since my mom & dad will be watching Lincoln while we are on our anniversary trip, practicing the bedtime ritual is good.

Saturday morning we drive to Port Royal for a 5K. The last race I did was The Athens Half-Marathon in October 2010. I didn't do any while I was pregnant or the first 8-months of Lincoln's life. My mom, Joseph, Lincoln, and I did it together. We were the last group to finish. However; one lady with a stroller didn't finish so technically we weren't last...it felt good to be out there again and I'm glad my husband did it too. He isn't a "racer", but I'm proud of him for doing it. While we were racing, my dad was home packing for our beach trip. They have a state park pass so since we were down there, I figured we should take Lincoln to the beach for the first time.

He slept on the way there which was good because it was time for a nap and would mean he would be well rested (in a good mood) his big adventure. It was overcast, but we still lathered Lincoln up with sun screen before we left the house. He sat in a beach chair while we settled in. We ate the lunch we packed and then walked him down to the water to feel the ocean. His little feet sunk in the mud. The tide came in and out and wet his legs. From his reaction, he seemed to like it. He loves the pool and his baths so I didn't suspect any different. Then we introduced him to the sand. He rubbed his fingers on it and evidently started digging in. He would taste it by sucking on his thumb. When he started tiring, we packed up and then headed home. I spent many summers at that beach. My mom would let us stop on the way home and get a snack for the way home. So I went to the beach store and bought 4 ice cream bars for the ride home! Lincoln went to sleep very easily that night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"