8.5 months

Mothers have favorite ages. Pediatricians say 4 months is a fun age. Well, I don't like this age we are in right now. He's pulling hair, slapping, scratching, screaming, clingy, fussing, won't go to sleep at night, does the stiff-arm-and-knees-in-chest position when you try to hold him, cries when you leave the room or put him in something (ie. exersaucer, jumper, play pen, crib). Yeah, I don't carry him all day in my Moby Wrap. Here recently, he's wanted out of that too. He was such a fun and pleasant baby and now parenting just became tougher. I've had a couple moments where I questioned why I wanted to be a mom. Breastfeeding and solid meals at the table are still going well. Thank God!

He started crawling over a week ago and I read an article on my Parenting app about babies not sleeping well because of their new activity. It's not about him not sleeping through the night. He's not wanting to GO to sleep at night. Naps are fine. We've had the same schedule for a while now. It never fails that once something is working well, he changes it up. He changes the way he likes to fall a sleep. First, it was laying over my shoulder, then it was cradled. As of today I figured out that he wants to fall asleep sitting up in my lap. It took me a week to discover this. Sleeping in the crib he used to be swaddled, then he wanted to sleep on his left side, and now he wants to sleep on his belly face down!

I don't know if he isn't feeling well or this is a phase that comes with a nearly 9-month boy. But it is guaranteed that once we adjust to this phase, it will change again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"