2 children

So how do you know when and if you are ready to have two children?

Joe and I have been contemplating expanding our family. We could even say we started TTC. I like our family of three and honestly I don't know if I can emotionally handle a second child. I teach the children of 19 other parents all day. I spend 4-5 hours with my own son (which is less than I spend with my students) and I am exhausted at the end of the day. Once Lincoln is in bed, I usually have school tasks to complete so "me" time is slim. Joe works nights so I feel like I am officially working from 6:45am-7:45pm.

Birth order is very interesting to me. I know that only children usually struggle socially to relate and identify with their peers. They are also awkward in social settings. They aim for perfectionism, which is very difficult to reach. Not to mention the loneliness they feel because there aren't siblings to play with. They entertain themselves or socialize with adults. Knowing this makes me have reservations about leaving Lincoln an only child. He has such a social and outgoing personality now and knowing that I could alter his personality by making him an only child, is scary. Like deciding whether to circumcise your son, this is a tough decision.

I wouldn't mind being pregnant and birthing again, but raising another baby does not interest me at the moment. So maybe I am just not ready...yet. Nobody said we had to conceive NOW. We were wanting a closer age gap, but I can't push myself beyond what I am capable of.

Will I ever know if I am ready and what if I wait too late?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"