Something to look forward to

Is it bad that every day I wake up asking "What do I have to look forward to today?" Not in a suicidal attempt to end my life, more about what can help me get through the work day. Sometimes it is an easy day of teaching or a short day/week that make my job more bearable. 

So over summer and even up until a couple weeks ago, I had television shows that gave me something to look forward to at the end of each school day. Monday's were The Bachelorette and Bachelor Pad. Also, Master Chef was on Monday & Tuesday on a competing network. Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday was Big Brother.

I always look forward to picking up my son from school. One of my highlights is hearing/reading about his day and seeing him walk (now run) to greet me. I look forward to weekends so we can do things together as a family. I look forward to church on Sundays so I can learn about my Savior and living for him. There are always books on my nightstand that beckon me to pick them up and I willingly do so when I have the time.

Now the fall programs are starting and I only have two shows I'm watching- Survivor Wednesdays and Grey's Anatomy Thursday's. That being said, I fewer motivations to get me through a work day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"