Books Galore!

Joe and I have been reading more here recently. Joe's been reading Christian books he's had on his bookcase and checking out similar books from the library.

We go to the public library every Sunday now. We leave for church  at 8:20 and get home after noon. Lincoln falls asleep on the ride home and sleeps until 2:00. When he wakes up he eats lunch (pb&j sandwich). We load up and go to the library. I carry him in our Ergo baby carrier up to the adult section. Joe and I walk around the fiction and non-fiction section. When Lincoln starts grunting and whining and we get stares from people, we head down stairs to the children's area. He plays with the puzzles and sits in the chairs and looks for other people to socialize (definitely takes after his daddy). He doesn't sit still long enough for books anymore. We were checking 5-10, but we weren't getting to read them so now we just get one and maybe in a week's time I will be able to read the whole thing. =) 

I've always loved reading. When I was pregnant, I quit reading, as well as other things I used to enjoy (like knitting). Anyways, I read a lot of self-help books about relationships, pregnancy, parenting, running, etc. Now I feel like I need a break from "learning" and just read mindless material. So in the last few months I read Nicholas Sparks' The Lucky One, Safe Haven, and The Best of Me. Then I read Debbie Macomber's A Turn in the Road and The Manning Grooms. I have another Nicholas Sparks book True Believer on my book shelf that we bought at a used book store in downtown Athens. Joe recently bought A Spirit-Controlled Temperament, which has personality profile stuff that I enjoy. I like learning about myself and it is a Christian book so that stance is always more uplifting. 

While I am reading something, I'm thinking about what is next after that one and then next after that one. I just wish I could read more than once at a time and that I had days upon days of free-time to do just that. 

I started feeling convicted that I have made time to read pleasure books, but I haven't read from my Bible regularly in years. It isn't enough to read a Christian romance book or read a devotion. He wants us to read his Word and then journal about what he is speaking to us through the scripture. The radio program, Christian Working Woman, on Victory 91.5FM recently mentioned reading and responding to the Bible. Joe and I have been going through a financial struggle recently and we are trying to figure out what the Lord is trying to teach us. We tithe 10% of our income and since we are having financial challenges I just assumed tithing was connected. I couldn't figure out what we needed to learn while going through this "storm". Then I realized, He just wants a closer relationship with me (us) so I installed a Good News Bible on my iPhone and I have started reading Proverbs this week. I'm making it a priority to put the Lord first, like He deserves. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"