I know it's been forever

I know I haven't blogged in forever!

I am 21-weeks pregnant. Second pregnancies are definitely different. This baby is going to ask, "Hey, where is the pregnancy journal and ultrasound videos/pictures of me?" We are doing things a little different with this one. We also are trying to care for another baby at the same time in the midst of this pregnancy.

Lincoln is 17-months old now and is into everything. He is throwing food, standing on things, saying "no", throwing temper tantrums, getting molars (they need to come in already), falling and hurting himself, saying new words, doing what he sees others doing, etc. We have our hands full! Some days we are not as patient as we should be. I get tired easily. Lincoln can be rough; throwing toys and trying to climb my belly. It's hard sitting on the floor to play with him and if I am in a chair, he wants to be up there with me.

We hired our first babysitter last weekend so Joe and I could attend a marriage conference. The girl works in Lincoln's class on Sunday mornings at church so he already knew her and she works at a daycare full-time during the week. She did a great job with him and now we know we have someone to call on again if we need a sitter.

I could go to bed every night when Lincoln does. Some nights I do. Some nights I like to be a normal adult and watch a prime time television show with my husband. Now that morning sickness ended around week 16, I'm not as miserable. Teaching is manageable.

Joe and I have had a lot of dilemmas recently. Just trying to figure out why our house hasn't sold, why money is tight, what kind of jobs we need, what kind of ministries to be involved in, who our care provider will be, etc. Our house was taken off the market in January to give ourselves a break and reevaluate our situation. We are considering re-listing it in the spring and perhaps lowering the price. We have decided to join our church in the meantime (that we have been attending for about 2 years.) There is a job fair in Beaufort, but I don't think I am going to go this year. I had 4 principals call me last year and I had to turn them down because our house didn't sell. I will also be on maternity leave when the school year starts...We have decided on a new midwife, a Douala, a birth photographer, and a girl's name! My first appointment is with the midwife is on Tuesday.

Joe and I are sick of eating unhealthy. He watched a documentary recently and felt like we needed to change our habits. So today we officially are eating whole foods and cutting out processed foods and sugar. The last couple of days I have put honey and soy milk in my tea instead of sugar and cream. We ate frogmore stew tonight for dinner. Joe went grocery shopping and spent way too much. We knew eating healthier would cost more. Lincoln will not be eating school lunches and I'll only be eating salads from mine. We have been brainstorming menus today to make it work. This is going to be a paradigm shift as we know unhealthy eating is a disease. I'm wondering if our bodies will go through withdraws and detox itself from all the chemicals we are used to consuming. It is very convenient eating unhealthy so this takes planning. I'm excited and committed. I know it is going to be tough. In our small group this morning, there were two dozen donuts there and a blueberry coffee cake. It was tempting and I had to remind myself what and why we are doing what we are. I know I will feel better and hopefully look better and then also lead Lincoln down the right path. It would probably be helpful to keep a food journal of my meals each day for accountability and record keeping purposes. It sounds good, but I don't think it is something I would keep up with right now.

I do not have school tomorrow. I was planning on blogging, but since I did tonight, I'll have to find something else to do. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"