Summer Vacation 5/22/13

On Tuesday morning (my last day of post-planning), I woke up seeing a tick attached to my nipple. I saw something out of the ordinary a couple days ago in the shower. I investigated and it looked like a mole forming. A couple days later, the tick had grown and I could definitely tell what it was. I woke Joe up and told him. He watched a quick video on how to remove a tick safely and then he removed mine. He used tweezers and the tick came right off. We couldn't even see the head when he removed it, but it came off with the tick. I inspected the hole and I didn't see anything still in there. Here it is a couple days later and everything looks and feels fine.

My summer vacation officially started yesterday. I slept in until Lincoln woke up. We ate breakfast and got him ready for school. I got him there about 9:15am. I have been wanting to stick around for "circle time" and see what songs they sing and things he learns. On his daily sheet, we read one song that he sang that day, but I wanted to see the motions that he learns. He sat on the floor; didn't even sit in my lap or cling to me. When the teacher called on him to stand up and dance, he did without hesitation. He answered her questions and participated with flash cards. He would look at me, but my presence didn't interfere. I think he is going to be a social extrovert.

The teacher announced that it was art time and the kids got so excited. They ran to the tables and took their seats. Lincoln was the last one to get his paper and paint brush at his table, but he sat with his hands folded waiting patiently. He concentrated on his painting and only tried tasting the paint once. Of course, he screamed and cried when I left 1.5 hours later.

At home, I snacked and watched TLC the rest of the day until I went back to pick him up. On my way to get him, I saw a deer out of the corner of my eye trying to out run my car so I slammed on the brakes. It still didn't quite make it clear of the vehicle. I bumped into him almost at a stop. He was knocked over and I could see his legs go up in the air and roll around. I was hoping my vehicle would stop so I wouldn't ride on top of it. The deer rolled off the side of the road, got its footing, stood up, and ran back across the four-lanes it had just crossed. Thankfully, nobody was behind me or driving by in the other lanes. I saw men cutting grass across the street so that is probably what the deer was running from. It was so scary. I started breathing hard and tearing up. I almost pulled off the road so I could compose myself. I called Joe about 10-minutes later and lost it. Hitting animals is one of my biggest fears. I killed a dog in 2006 and it was horrific. I cried for days. I'm glad I saw the deer get up and run away or I would still be grieving.

Joe worked in Macon until 11:00pm so Lincoln and I spent the evening together playing, reading books, and coloring. He went to bed at 8:00pm without protest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"