January Resolutions

So Joe mentioned making goals for one month at a time, like short term goals instead of resolutions for the whole year. I liked the idea because we always forget the long-term goals by December or much sooner actually. He expressed making some changes in many areas so I suggested making goals in the following categories for January: emotional/mental, spiritual, physical, and financial. I've decided to challenge myself too. He's writing his down in a composition notebook right now and here I am recording mine electronically. If you know us, this seems backwards. I like writing on paper with awesome multi-colored flowy ink/*pens and he usually just sends an email, makes a phone call, or uses his notebook app on his iPhone.

Anyways, I've been brainstorming mine for a couple days now and I think I am ready to record them here.

Spiritual: Since all things spiritual should be rightly first, I'll start here. My goal is actually private and will not be mentioned in public. I won't even tell my husband since it is between me and God.

Physical: My goal is to run/walk Saturday and Sundays with my husband and children every weekend in January. We actually started this weekend. Yesterday we borrowed my aunt's jogging stroller (Thanks, Auntie!) because we needed another one for our second baby. We have one already suitable for one child. We walked next door to the high school and did laps on the track. We walked there, ran two laps, walked one, ran a little on the way back and cooled down the rest of the way. Today, we walked to my Auntie's house, let Lincoln play a little while and walked back right before dinner. So our goal is to keep that up for the next 4 weekends!

Financial: My goal is to not shop at a consignment store, yard sale, flea market, or thrift shop this month. I love getting a good deal, especially on children's clothes and gear, and finding "treasures". We are pretty set with all the gifts from Christmas so we do not have any needed purchases at this moment. It is going to be tough because I find it relaxing, but I know our budget can't handle it so I am going to just stay away from such places that will tempt me.

Emotional/Mental: Occasionally, I get overwhelmed by life and have negative thoughts. My goal is to stop and pray right then so Satan's lies will leave. I will do that every time this month when I feel like giving up.


Thanks for reading! Check back to see how January concluded and what changes are in store for February.

On tomorrow's post, I am going to express a dilemma that I am faced with- what to do with all the outgrown children's clothes and gear?
R

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"