Update on January

I had four goals for January. This is how they went.

Spiritual goal was between God and I. I did pretty well; slipped a few times, but didn't beat myself up.

Physical goal was to run/walk every Saturday and Sunday. We did it once a weekend (Sunday), instead of twice. With doing the chores on Saturdays, the exercising didn't get done too. We borrowed my aunt's jogging stroller. I pushed Grey and Joe pushed Lincoln. We'd do a mile at the track and warm-up and cool day on the way there and back. It worked best for us to go straight after church which was around 11:00. Lincoln could eat his snack in the stroller and then go down for his nap at noon when we got back. Grey slept during the walk.

Financial goal was pretty easy. I didn't go to any consignment stores, flea markets, yard sales, or thrift stores during the month of January. As a matter of fact, I went to my first one today (February 15) since December. There is a thrift store on my way to pick-up the kids from school that puts furniture out in the parking lot that did tempt me daily, but I was strong.

Emotional goal was okay... When I had my thoughts of 'hating my life', I didn't rebuke the negative thoughts as much as I was hoping to. I'm realizing that during the weekends the depression is the worse. Joe and I are trying to clean the house and entertain Lincoln. When he starts acting out, Joe  and I end up angry at each other instead of pulling together to support each other. We get frustrated that we spend the whole day cleaning and stranded at the house going crazy. Lincoln is bored and seeking attention. We aren't brave enough to take Lincoln in public because we don't want a stressful situation on our hands. I have just gotten in the habit of taking a placenta capsule on Saturday mornings to help with energy and mood. We did skip chores one Saturday and took the kids to play with their cousins at my mom's house. Then after nap, we took Lincoln to the library to check out some books. He was well-behaved and he found a lot of books he loved. I also picked out some books of interest to him-trains and planes. Our chores didn't get done and we got behind and never caught up until the next weekend. If we do not get up Saturday morning and start them, we don't get them done later that day. We also don't want to be confined to the house every Saturday either.

Half way through February and I still have some big things to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"