Does Pinterest encourage coveting?

"Covet" according to Webster is to want something (that you do not have) very much.

While my husband and I were in the mountains this past weekend, Joe asked if I thought looking at Pinterest was like coveting.

The 10th Ten Commandment comes to mind as quoted from Deuteronomy 5:21:
21 “You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife. You shall not set your desire on your neighbor’s house or land, his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”

Coveting is wanting something that we do not have. When we look through Pinterest, we find a lot that we like (and want), right?

Pinterest is like a filing cabinet of home decorations, party planning, craft projects, recipes, etc. I have 20 something boards of ideas I am collecting myself.

Is coveting the socially acceptable sin?
R


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"