What's on your night stand?

Readers,

I just ordered three books from Amazon. So recently that they haven't even been shipped yet.

Happy Women Live Better by Valerie Burton

Married to Distraction: How to Restore Intimacy and Strengthen Your Partnership in an Age of Interruption by Edward Hallowell, MD

The Well-Behaved Child: Discipline that REALLY Works! by John Rosemond

I used to be BIG on self-help. That was all I read for a while. Then I moved away from it and started reading stories, love stories, fiction. I used it to escape; get away; take a vacation. I have a couple fiction books on my bookcase waiting to read now. The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks and Love Letters by Debbie Macomber.

Joe and I were talking about doing some studies together in the evenings and I could see us doing any of these. Burton and Rosemond had segments on the 91.9 HIS Radio. One book is about overall happiness and well-being, one is about improving marriage, and the last one is focused on parenting. We could benefit from all of them.

I will say that since I returned from my inpatient treatment at the hospital, our marriage has been stronger. We connect and talk more. After the kids are in bed, we answer a couple conversation starters for husbands and wives that I put in his stocking for Christmas. Previously, we would get on our phones and have small talk. Now we have more meaningful conversations for about 30-minutes before we turn on our phones or watch an episode (or two) of Parenthood.

Parenting is a work in progress and I have a feeling it will be for the rest of our lives...Hopefully soon, I will journal about another concern of ours...our son. Thanks for reading.

What book(s) are you reading right now?
R

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"