What's your type?

I love personality profiles. Especially mine. I love that they know me better than anyone (even myself) and it comforts me to know that there are other people like me, even as unique as we may be. Actually 13% of the population have the same personality type as me.

ISTJ-The Logistician
There are 16 different types. I am an ISTJ (Introvert, Sensor, Thinker, Judger). Turbulent means perfectionist, self-conscious, success-driven, care about their image.
Introverted: 75%, Observant: 6%, Thinking: 22%, Judging: 84%, Turbulent: 43%.

I first started studying Myers-Briggs Type Indicator after a boyfriend and I broke up. I bought a relationship book that went over the types individually and then as pairs. The literature explains what your strengths and weaknesses are going to be as a couple.

Anyways, after we had broken up, I asked him to take the quiz and he did. He was an ENFP (Extrovert, Intuition, Feeler, Perceiver), which if you notice, are exact opposites. We were together for 1.5 years and had an adventurous long-distance relationship, but my book pretty much said it is like have a parent and child relationship. I'm the Logistician (practical, fact-minded individuals whose reliability that can't be doubted) and he is the Campaigner (enthusiastic, creative, and social free spirits, who can always find a reason to smile). Can you guess who the "parent" was?

While grieving the break-up, my counselor said, "Nothing is wrong with either of you. You just aren't right for each other. There will be a guy who will be everything you need."

Boy, was he right! Well, I have been happily married for (almost) six years now. Joseph and I are not exactly the the same, but we definitely "get" each other and the longer we are together, the stronger the connection is. There is a great balance of each of us. He is truly my best friend. When I want to do something, I want to experience it with him. When he did the personality quiz this weekend, we found out that he is an INFP. They make up 4% of the population and are nicknamed "Mediator". Believe it or not, that is not what he was when we met. Apparently, his personality has changed.

In some ways, I do not feel like I "know" him. He doesn't open up easily and he struggles being decisive when answering questions. "They may be awkward and uncomfortable with expressing themselves verbally, but have a wonderful ability to define and express what they're feeling on paper." 
INFP- The Mediator

One of the things I love about his personality:
"Generally thoughtful and considerate, INFPs are good listeners and put people at ease. Although they may be reserved in expressing emotion, they have a very deep well of caring and are genuinely interested in understanding people. This sincerity is sensed by others, making the INFP a valued friend and confidante. An INFP can be quite warm with people he or she knows well."

To find out what type you are, take the quiz here and then read your profile! Post your type in the comments because I would love to know what you are!
R

Sources: https://www.personalitypage.com/INFP.html
http://www.16personalities.com/infp-personality



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"