Divine Appointment

I wanted to get a manicure before work. Since I work on Lady's Island, I found a place close by. I picked out my nail color and soaked my hands to soften my cuticles. The lady was speaking another language to the male co-worker, as usual. It sounded similar to Chinese. I asked her where she was from. She said Vietnam. I was so so excited to tell her about our exchange student coming in August! I asked how to pronounce his name and if the Saigon restaurant in Bluffton was authentic Vietnamese food.

She said that she would be willing to help with translating if he needs help or cook for him if he gets homesick. She has a 12th grader "who is a good boy." I told her which high school he would be going to and her son goes to the same one. Her son will be going to college 1.5 hours away, but I'm sure will visit on the weekends.

Then if meeting a Vietnamese woman with a teenage son wasn't cool enough, she proceeds to tell me that she lives next to the high school. It turns out we live in the same neighborhood, just a few houses down from each other!! How cool is that?

He will be able to visit them some. Of course, I do not want him to forget why he is here in America and get closer with my neighbors than our family. It is comforting to me that we will have extra support.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"