Recruiting

Phong
I take my job as Academic Coordinator for Cultural Homestay International very seriously. I enjoy the challenge of looking for families. I set a goal for myself to recruit 6 families by August 2015. I have already placed 4 girls as of March! These families have selected 3 Japanese girls and 1 Spanish girl.

Our family selected to host a 15-year old boy named Phong from Vietnam. He looks very sweet and there were several things in his profile that we thought would mesh with our family. He has been accepted into his high school already! I'm excited about having a teenage boy in our home. It will definitely be different than two toddlers.

I have three informational sessions at libraries in April and May. I have registered for the Relay for Life in April. I already have another family that is a definite, but they are waiting to move in June/July to do the application process.  I honestly think I am going to place more than 6 students! I have two families in the "thinking" process, which means they could go one way or the other. It is a roller coaster ride. People are interested and then they're not.

I have another mode of advertising up my sleeve that I think will get free publicity. No details on that yet.
R

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"