Still cruising

It has been so long since I have written a post. A lot has happened in the last few months. I'm actually home from work with no voice today.

In November, I accepted a 7th grade math position. Today marks my 3-month anniversary at that job. Some days are better than others like any other job. I like that I teach the same lesson 4 times a day for an hour at a time. The kids rotate out and I get a fresh start every day. I like that I do not have to deal with tattling. Going up to middle school was a good change for me. I have inquired about my middle certification and a math add-on from the SC Department of Education. I am not under a contract now and the school isn't required to offer me one for 2016-2017 year.

Before I left my part-time job at the granite store, I applied for a position in Colorado for English Language Institute China and I sent my resume to the boarding school in China that I taught in 14 years ago. I didn't even tell anyone because only if I was offered something would I need to entertain it.

Our family moved to a house next door in December. We were trying to help out a previous neighbor. We have adjusted well to the move. It was actually a quick transition. We have a lot of room since the house is bigger and we even purged during the move. There are a lot of empty shelves in the closets and I don't even think we put anything in the attic. I truly believe that the more things you have, the more anxiety a person has.


I bought myself a Passion Planner for Christmas and I started using it on January 1st. I made 3 month, 1 year, 3 year, and lifetime goals and each month you choose something to work on and each day work towards it. My first goal was to catch up on bills in January. I think I can say we are caught up. I haven't chosen a goal for February yet, but I need to because it is already February 9th!! I am marking things off my 3 month goal list through!


For example, I going to get dreadlocks today. I dyed the ends of my hair purple and then I wanted to get dreads. I have an appt. at 1:00pm. I'm in love with so many styles. I've been pining them on my beauty board. I'm very excited about this new venture!









I'm reading an ebook, Mama Needs a Do Over. I bought the digital copy for myself and it is such a great reminder that there are moms that feel and experience the same things I do. I want to read that whole book and my dad's book about Beaufort before April.


We've had sickness going around our the house. first, grey had a cold that turned into an ear infection. Then Lincoln had a fever for a few days. Joseph started getting a cough, then I started having nasal drainage which turned into losing my voice. Phong is taking a cold medicine too, but he just got back from a 5-day cruise in the Bahamas. His immune system could be weak from all the temperature changes.

Today, I worked on some CHI stuff by sending documents to schools. I also have been communicating with my students on Edmodo. I watched Valentine's Day while I rested my voice on my new purple loveseat (I think purple is my new favorite color).

Well, I better get ready for my hair appointment. Hope it turns out like I anticipate.
R





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"