Anticipation

I am just so excited about some events coming up. Too many to put in a Facebook post.

This next week at school is a big event. Our students have to complete a MAP (Measures of Academic Progress) test. They are supposed to take it 3 times a year, fall, winter, and spring, but 3rd and 4th graders are only going to take it twice now. They need to show a year's worth of growth from winter to winter now. My students test this week. I had one test early last week and she showed 12-point growth.

I'm testing in small groups at my kidney-shaped table. They will have their privacy dividers so they aren't distracted by the person next to them. They will test on their district issued iPads. I have mints to keep their minds fresh and alert. I will have sharpened pencils and scratch paper. They can go to the restroom when they need to and the room will be a comfortable temperature. I'm bringing in ear muffs from home to muffle sounds in the room. I'm just so excited to see how they do!

Wednesday is the 100th Day of School so I am going to take photos of my students with an Aging Booth app for fun.

Sometime this week I am going out to a Chinese dinner with a friend to celebrate the Chinese New Year.

Payday is always a plus!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"