In the day of a driver

Well, as a Personal Vehicle Driver (PVD) for UPS, day-to-day its a roller coaster. The weather, the amount of stops, the number of dogs barking, conditions of the road, how packed the car is, etc. 

So Day 5 was rough. I had the most stops I had ever had, 48 that day. I got hung up at a couple paces because I couldn't find house numbers on the house or mailbox. Why?? Some stops I had a difficult time locating the package in the car so that took up time. Then I felt like the order of the route was weird and GPS was having me retrace and backtrack a few times. Needless to say, it was almost 8:00pm when I got home Tuesday night. I don't even know how many miles I drove, but I put in almost 9 hours. 
blocks of cotton after being harvested
Then there are days like yesterday and today (Day 6 & 7) where I have 31 and 21 stops. Everything about the day was easy- packing the car, finding the packages, following the route, and finding the houses. It was beautiful weather, rode with the windows down, listened to country music, even stopped to take a few pictures. 
They were coming to say hi

The cows really wanted their picture taken, they just kept getting closer and closer to me. Driving through these small towns make me want to move to one. Slow, simple life for sure. We keep track of our time and mileage on paper and digitally on the UPS app. 
So yesterday I was back in Beaufort near 4:30 and today I clocked out at 2:45pm! So now I am nervous for work tomorrow because I can't be that lucky three days in a row. 
R




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"