Our new normal

Today would be me and Joseph’s 11th anniversary. However, after a 1-year separation, as required in S.C., we divorced February 6, 2020. I left the marriage and refused to reconcile so we agreed on a divorce. We had a short 5-minute hearing at the family courthouse with a witness to verify that we haven’t lived under the same roof for a year and it was done. 

We have a custody agreement that we wrote ourselves and mutually agree upon. No child support, no alimony. We’ve had 50/50 custody of the children throughout the whole process. We adjust days and times and we need and are flexible with the schedule. Joseph and I have a civil and amicable relationship. We took my name off the mortgage and he bought me out of my portion so my debt could be freed up for something else one day. So that was our last ”tie” connecting us besides the children. We answer the kids questions as honestly as we can, address behaviors and fears, and have adjusted the family dynamics. This is new to all of us and we are co-parenting the best we can. Not that any of this is anyone’s business, but I’m a pretty transparent person. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastocytosis (Urticaria Pigmentosa)

Adjustment Disorder "Stress Response Syndrome"

Hypomelanic Macules "Ash leaf spots"